Hello Oswalt Parents,
Your Oswalt PTSA has been very busy this past month to make Oswalt Academy a great place to be for your students! We also have some great activities coming up!
October Board Meeting:.
· Mr. Despard congratulated all the teachers, students, parents and staff for all their hard work the past 5 years in helping Oswalt achieve International Baccalaureate status this year.
· ASB Jessa Cambe reported that the first Spirit Day will be on Friday, October 14th. Wear your favorite jersey to school!
· Teacher representative, Mrs. Noren reported that the Kindergarten classes are excited to be going on their field trip at the end of the month to Tonaka Farms. The 4th grade classes went to Citrus College to watch the performance of “Big River”. The 3rd grade enjoyed a trip to the Nixon Museum in Yorba Linda.
· PTSA President, Hazel Dimalanta thanked all the volunteers who have helped to get our school year off to a great start.
Thank you for Supporting the PTSA Fundraiser!
Andrea Wright and Delia Avila worked very hard to get an educationally sound assembly, the best profit, prizes, and reward party to benefit Oswalt students! As you know, PTA membership dues alone cannot fund the expenses for an entire year of activities without your participation. Thank you for your support of the fundraiser by purchasing items or your cash donation. We profited almost $16,116.69 to fund this year’s planned activities. Congratulations on all of your hard work!
The BMX bike show was held on Thursday, October 6th. The students who sold the minimum of 4 items or donated $30 were invited to attend the show. Some of the students along with our Learning Director Mrs. Duldulao and Chairperson Andrea Wright got a chance to participate as one of the professional bicyclist jumped over them. They had a great time!
Thank you to all of you who paid your $6.00 membership dues and joined Oswalt PTSA. We have over 757 members this year!!! Thank you to all who joined and helped Oswalt PTSA strive for “Sweet Success”. The classes who reached 100% membership first & will be rewarded with cupcake parties are: Dr. Buckmier, Mrs. Smith, & Mrs. Razo.
Red Ribbon Week – October 24th – 28th
Ana Terry, our chairperson, is busy planning some fun activities and rewards for our students, including a visit from fire station 61 who will exhibit their fire truck and a visit from a K-9 officer. Students will also have an opportunity to participate in daily activities that symbolize saying “NO” to drugs or unhealthy lifestyles. A flyer will go home soon with the activities listed.
Halloween Parade – October 31st
Halloween is almost here! Get out your costumes and get ready to dress up for our annual Halloween Parade. Of course, you won’t be in the parade but the students get a kick out of seeing us in our costumes as we help chairperson Lupe Oliveras pass out treats to them from the PTSA tent! The parade is on Monday, October 31st at 9:00am.
Thank you to all who returned the gold Volunteer Form to their teacher or the office. There are many ways to help at Oswalt and we appreciate any time or donation you can offer. And a special THANK YOU to those parents who attended our Volunteer Meeting last month!
· 11/1 – PTSA Board Meeting @ 7pm in the teacher’s lounge. Get information from Mr. Despard, Mrs. Duldulao, teacher representatives, PTSA chairpersons, and ASB reps.
· 11/4 - T-shirt and sweatshirt sale at 8:15 to 9:00am. Chairperson is Pat Rivas.
· 11/5 - Citizenship/Academic assemblies (pencils and food certificates are given to students). Chairpersons are Leilanie Gay and Ana Terry.
· 11/5 - Spirit Day (treats are passed out to students wearing Oswalt clothing). Rosy Chan, Miriam Maquera and committee run this activity.