Please send to school with your child(ren) as soon as possible after the beginning of school. Each kit should contain food that will suffice for a 24-hour period. Due to limited storage space in the classroom, we ask that you use only the 1-gallon size plastic zip-lock bags and include the following items:
- Solar blanket which can be purchased at any sporting goods or variety stores such as Target.
- Any medication that your child takes on a routine basis. Please be sure to indicate this requirement on the back side of the Earthquake/Disaster Release Information card.
- Non-perishable foods. Do not put fresh fruits or vegetables into the kit. All items should be capable of being opened without a can opener and should not require heating. Please include a spoon. Suggested items include: Small cans of tuna, fruit juice, dried fruit, cheese and cracker snacks, granola bars, raisins, fruit rolls, cereal, individually wrapped jerky, etc. Do not put foil juice pouches into the kit. These can rupture and damage other students' bags.
- A family picture so your child will feel more secure.
- A small game or book to keep your child occupied during this time.
The kit will be returned to your child at the end of the school year. During the summer, please replace the prior year's food items and medication so they will be fresh for the upcoming year.